I am David Phillips. This is my perfect homepage and it's Keeping It Simple. It is a collection of static HTML pages generated from Markdown using a Git backend with magical hooks.
Latest antics and updated articles:
- 2020-09-27: An improved vimclutch inspired by alevchuk's original.
- 2020-03-07: Modifying a Helios 44–2 M42 USSR lens to work on Nikon F-mount cameras.
- 2019-12-28: JTAG-ing software straight to RAM to decrease iteration time on U-Boot on a Raspberry Pi Zero.
- 2019-10-12: Fixing a faulty photographic extension tube. One tube had faulty electrical contacts due to a manufacturing defect.
- 2019-09-07: Getting media keys working in mpv on a Bluetooth headset with only two hiccups.
- 2019-06-08: 17 watt LED lights: After designing a PCB in 2017 and forgetting about it, I had it made and built the first of the prototypes.
- 2019-05-25: I made an oatmeal stout.
- 2019-04-07: Tonight, I rounded up a month of on-and-off bashing my head against a wall debugging intermittent GPS lock issues on my time server. The TL;DR: don't set Linux consoles where peripherals lie.
- 2019-01-26: I finally dumped my brain of the information I gathered configuring a text LCD on Linux the correct way.
- 2018-08-28: I'm finally allocating some small amounts of time to alarmd again
- 2018-04-30: Putting my simple rudder pedal ADC/USB thing into a permanent box
- 2018-04-01: Fixing more dangerous mains polarity on an imported Chinese appliance.
- 2018-02-02: Propagating and storing yeast, also known as ranching.
- 2017-12-29: Testing the performance and compression of xz when using more than one worker thread. The results surprised me.
- 2017-11-18: Building a Stratum 1 network time server using relatively cheap components.
- If you can get my email address from my GPG key (2426 235A 7831 AA2F 56AF 4BC0 7BF3 D17D 0884 BF5B), you are human enough to send me an email
- I'm often ranting about something under the pseudonym dp or phillid in
Failing those two, I'm probably some guy you see on the train or in a lift. Or really any other mundane everyday scenario. Say "hi" next time you see me. I don't bite.
Things I Do
It's a list that keeps growing.