I am David Phillips. This is my perfect homepage and it's Keeping It Simple. It is a collection of static HTML pages generated from Markdown using a Git backend with magical hooks.
Latest antics and updated articles:
- 2018-04-30: Putting my simple rudder pedal ADC/USB thing into a permanent box
- 2018-04-01: Fixing more dangerous mains polarity on an imported Chinese appliance.
- 2018-02-02: Propagating and storing yeast, also known as ranching.
- 2017-12-29: Testing the performance and compression of xz when using more than one worker thread. The results surprised me.
- 2017-11-18: Building a Stratum 1 network time server using relatively cheap components.
- 2017-09-14: 17 watt LED lights - developing a driver to drive LED lights with constant current from a 48 VDC rail
I host a mirror of this site on ToR at boringxws6zvpzu5.onion. Not for my privacy, but for the privacy of users. HTTPS is available on that mirror, but due to Lets Encrypt's lack of support for onion addresses, the onion domain cannot be one of the cert's marked valid domains.
- If you can get my email address from my GPG key (2426 235A 7831 AA2F 56AF 4BC0 7BF3 D17D 0884 BF5B), you are human enough to send me an email
- I'm often ranting about something under the pseudonym phillid or bq in
Failing those two, I'm probably some guy you see on the train or in a lift. Or really any other mundane everyday scenario. Say "hi" next time you see me. I don't bite.
If you're feeling generous for some reason, my BTC address is 19xmzuTiLwGLp4DTThmMD4rtmV1B54pvYZ. That'd be grand.
Things I Do
It's a list that keeps growing.