Embedded Software Projects
I work in embedded software engineering and it spills over into my personal life… or is it the other way around?
- Prodding firmware with GDB/MI to enable more rapid UI testing, removing reliance on physical hardware.
- Running AVR code in QEMU to decrease iteration time and accelerate development.
- JTAG-ing software straight to RAM to decrease iteration time on U-Boot on a Raspberry Pi Zero.
- (WIP) Getting Poky running on Altera Cyclone V SoCFPGA - Throwing away the standard Linux image and building my our own from scratch.
- Magic Sysrq Woes - A quick lesson in how to accidentally cause weird behaviour with serial peripherals.
- Stratum 1 time server - building a cheap stratum 1 GPS-disciplined time server
- Do it properly: Text LCD on Raspberry Pi and any embedded Linux board, really, using the device tree.